It is now fairly common knowledge that sleep is vitally important to maintain good health; while we sleep, the body boosts the immune system and improves both our physical and mental output. Therefore, it is crucial that we have a bed that we are comfortable in and that will provide us with a good night’s sleep. At the same time, as it is a significant piece of furniture, we will want a bed frame that fits in the décor and design of our bedroom to complement the overall aesthetic view. So, when we do decide it is time to replace our existing bed frame, there are a number of factors to consider, when looking for a new bed frame, Malaysia has many stores where you can try their products and see if they are to your liking.
Bed Frame Sizes & Heights
The bed frame is a crucial part of your bedding system as it supports the mattress and allows air circulation; this airflow prevents dust and mould while enabling a cooler environment. Bed frames are typically sold in three different heights or profiles, which are –
- Standard Profile – this type of bed frame sits around 33 – 38 centimetres from the floor and allows adequate storage space.
- Low Profile – these bed frames sit lower to the floor, and there is minimal storage, but low-profile frames do make rooms feel more spacious.
- High Profile – these are great for larger rooms and for those who need a larger amount of storage space; they are also a good choice for people with restricted mobility.
When deciding what size of bed frame to buy, you should always consider how much space you have in your bedroom, and there is no point in having a king-size bed if you then do not have enough space left for the room to function correctly.
The Different Materials
Bed frames are manufactured in many different materials, including composite plastics, fabrics, and leather, but the most popular frames are generally made from wood and metal. These two materials have great characteristics, which include the following –
- Metal frames are very strong, durable and offer many different design options in shape and colour. They are favoured in a bedroom with a modern design aesthetic.
- Wooden frames are very popular due to their natural look, which compliments many different design styles for bedrooms, and they are also very strong and stable.
The bed frame you choose should complement your chosen bedroom design choices while also forming a significant part of a bedding platform that will give you the best chance of getting a full and proper night’s sleep, enabling you to stay fit and healthy.