Each year for Christmas, I like to make Christmas crafts. In the past I’ve made stockings, ornaments, wreaths, and of course, gingerbread houses and Christmas cookies. Christmas is right around the corner, and I’ll admit that this year, I’ve been lagging in the Christmas craft department. But that is soon will change because…
Now that I am a mom, it’s so fun to have a daughter I can do crafts with! Last year, we made handprint/footprint keepsake ornaments (see pics and link below). This year, Alaia is a little older (27 months) and much more capable, so I can’t wait to see what she will make. I scoured pinterest for some awesome toddler-friendly ideas and inspiration, that’s fun, but not too complicated. This is what I found:)
Here are my top 6 fun and easy Christmas crafts for toddlers!
(Clockwise, starting at top-left)
1. Pinecones Christmas Trees: This is the cutest idea ever. The Wool Acorn has a tutorial on how to make these. To make it more toddler friendly, make the balls ahead of time or you can purchase pre-made wool balls or pom poms.
2. The Classic Christmas Wreath from A Paper Plate: An oldy but a goody! There’s a reason people have been doing this Christmas craft for years: it’s easy and fun. Click here for a great DIY tutorial by Blog Me Mom.
3. Cotton Ball Snowman: Another classic Christmas craft, but still so fun and easy to set-up. DIY instructions here.
4. Hand and Footprint Keepsake Ornaments: I made these when Alaia was one, and it was a little challenging (not going to lie), but so worth it. It think now that she is 2, this craft would be much easier! The Imagination tree has a great recipe and instructions on how to make these.
5. Bird Ornaments: Another adorable and easy Christmas craft that we must make this year! I know this is something my daughter will love to make! Click here for a tutorial by My Nearest and Dearest.
6. Felt Christmas Trees: Love this idea by Authentically Ashley. Felt Christmas Trees are an easy christmas craft activity perfect for toddlers!