Longer days and warmer weather are here and now is the perfect time to spice up your workout routine! Take advantage of these gorgeous summer days by taking your workout outside! Outdoor exercise has many benefits including fresh motivation, inspiration, and better results! Here are 7 reasons why you should workout outside:
1. Hello Fresh Air!! I mean come on, fresh air vs. the smell of the sweaty man on the treadmill next to you? Your pick, but I’m sure you know which one is better! Fresh Air = Fresh Workout Inspiration!!
2. Change of Scenery: (Aka the key to successful workout plan) Change up your workout routine every now and then to keep things fresh and motivating. If you normally workout at the gym, go outside for some variety. I get bored easy at the gym, especially when on the treadmill. It’s much more fun to go on a run outdoors and connect with nature!
3. It’s free! Gym memberships are nice to have, but they can be very costly. Outdoors exercise is FREE!
4. Vitamin D: A little vitamin D from the sun can help you feel happier! Just remember your sunscreen!
5. Gyms are Germ Houses: Sweat + hands + gym equipment = germs. Being sick in the summer is not cool!
6. It’s eco-friendly: No gas or electricity needed for an outdoor workout! This type of workout is powered purely by you!
7. It’s FUN! I can’t tell you how many times I hear people complain about working out at the gym. Hello, news flash! Exercise can be FUN! If you hate your workout routine, it’s much harder to stick with it. Instead, set yourself up for success and find something you enjoy doing. There are many fun outdoor exercise options including hiking, trail running, outdoor yoga, surfing, standup paddleboarding, biking, skating, kayaking, hula hooping, and so on!
I’d love to hear, what’s your favorite outdoor workout?? Share your answer in the comments section!